petitversailles

Le Petit Versailles is a NYC public community garden in the East Village that presents a season of events including art exhibitions, music, film/video, performance, theater, workshops and community projects from May - October. LPV is a project of Allied Productions, Inc., a non profit arts organization. http://www.alliedproductions.org

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

MI CASA ES MI CASA


Le Petit Versailles
presents
MI CASA ES MI CASA
An installation by
Juan Betancurth
August 16 - 31

OPENING RECEPTION
Saturday, August 16th
6:00 pm– ?
Le Petit Versailles
346 E Houston St
J M >Delancey/F V > 2nd Ave.
212.529.8815

lpvtv.blogpsot.com
Viewing hours Wednesday & Saturday 2-7pm
or by appointment 212 529 8815

Since the subject matter of my work is my own life, it only makes
sense for this work to be seen in my own intimate space where it is
created. I am building an exact replica of my room in a community
garden for you to come and enjoy. I want to invite you to read my mind
through all the things I have hanging on the walls of my room, and to
feel my life and my dwelling as my current body of work.

If someone wants to understand what I am doing or if I want to talk
about my work it should be in my room. I want to allow people to act
as a voyeur, taking time to imagine the artist and the person that I
am in the space where I work, live and love.

juanbetancurth.com

LPV events are made possible by Allied Productions, Inc.,
Citizens for NYC, Green Thumb/NYC Dept. of Parks, Materials for the Arts;
NYC Dept. of Cultural Affairs, NYC Dept. of Sanitation & NYC Board of Education
Film & Exhibition support from The New York State Council on the Arts, a state agency.
Additional support, in part, by public funds from the NYC Department of Cultural Affairs.